Thursday 31 May 2007

Building custom fit bookcases is fun



Most of my work is through recommendation.
Chris at the Little Foxes B&B in Wannock Road had suggested to the clients that I might be able to help them. When they called me, they said "We want a few shelves put up in the living room for our books." It's a joy to work with nice people and this couple are great. I don't know about you, but whenever I meet nice people I'm prepared to do that little bit more. Seeing the masses of large books they had I suggested that bookcases would be a neater option, and price-wise not such a big difference. What came out of our discussions can be seen above. Click on the picture to enlarge. By many people's standards this long "L-shaped 9' high solid pine bookcase, built in three sections, is large, but it will accommodate just a small selection of their books!
Phil at Alsford Timber sorted out good quality timber for us, and it shows in the finished job.
Well done Phil.

No comments: