Monday 26 March 2007

How many internal doors in your house?

I was hanging doors today. Oh bliss! The doors were top quality; the tea and biscuits were plentiful; the weather was fantastic (in the sun!); and the work was hard (on the knees) but good. It was a good day to be alive. Come to think about it - any day is a good day to be alive - the alternative is not worth thinking about! The people were very pleasant. The one thing that struck me was the number of doors in the house. On the phone the lady told me that she wanted all five doors changed. When I arrived at the house the husband also told me that we needed to change all five doors. When I went around with the tape measure to size up - I found six! Here's the question... Right now - without thinking - how many doors do you have in your home. Now go and count them. Most people misjudge the number. I find it strange that we can own a property for years, decades even, and still not know how many doors we have.

No comments: