Monday 18 January 2010

A day in the life of Eastbourne Handyman

Had a great day today.
Phones are constantly ringing and lots of small jobs are coming in.
By 10.30 I'd already helped four households out of trouble.
I can't tell you the number of times I've heard people say they can't find anyone to do the small jobs.
I love doing the small jobs,. It's what I do!. For example, very often when carpet fitters fit new carpets, doors need to be trimmed. It only takes a few minutes to do - when you've got the right tools. If you haven't - you're stuck - quite literally. Because I've got the right equipment (so to speak), it only took me 15 minutes to do 3 doors this afternoon and then I was on my way to the next job, which was looking at a house with 35 sash windows to un-stick, re-cord and draught proof. Today I've worked in 7 different houses, and drunk so many cups of tea that I need to stop now and fix another leak!
Whether it's fixing dripping taps, overflow dripping, leaky washers, fuse blown, door sticking, or any other annoyance you can think of, Jim'll Fix it.

No comments: