Wednesday 24 January 2007

Plumbing with ice cold feet

What a suprise this morning's snow was. I know it had been forecast for East Sussex, but when I woke up and looked out the window, it was a gigantic suprise when I saw they'd got it right. I was so overcome I wanted to go straight back to bed. In Eastbourne we seem to have a micro climate, and whatever the rest of Sussex might be experiencing, we nearly always appear to fare better. Except for wind! What do you think? Post a comment and tell me.
I'm always interested in what the weather's going to do, and so I went looking for weather forecasts. Beside using Weatherbonk because of the live webcam, I also use the Met Office Weather. It's all down to personal taste.

I had a lovely customer today. She wanted me to re-route some pipework in preparation for a new kitchen being installed. The old kitchen has been removed, the pipework has been altered,
and the lady can now get her kitchen installed. When she bought the house a few months ago it was very run down. With lots of design ideas she is detemined to bring the property up to a high standard. It's still half finished. The kitchen is literally an empty shell, and the plasterers have yet to skim the walls. The bathroom has been re-fitted and is now being tiled. At the moment the house is like a building site - a building site with one tiny exception - in all the main walkways - wall-to-wall near white carpets! If it had been me, I would have left the carpet fitting until after the messy work was finished. But what do I know I'm just a man!

As a rule I go to Plumbase for virtually anything plumbing. I've been using them for years. The guys are friendly and helpful, and I've noticed that when non-trade people go in there, they are not treated like idiots - as so many trade outlets do. I've seen them deal with some outlandish requests from the public, but they're always patient and helpful.

No comments: