Thursday 31 July 2008

Make an inward opening window open outwards.

That was an interesting job.
The window, installed in the early 1900's had originally opened inwards.
A few years ago secondary glazing had been installed and that effectively prevented the window opening at all.
My job was to get the window to open outwards so that it could be used again.
If the secondary glazing had not been there it would have been relatively easy to accomplish.
The secondary glazing had to stay in place, that made it just a huge bit more complicated.
Using a Fein from Archery Tools I was able to cut out the hinge heads and then gently ease the windows out of their frame into the room. Once the windows sashes were out the rest of the job was almost plain sailing. Even so it still took most of the day to turn the inward opening into an outward opening window.

Just to let you know
From January 2010 the new home page of "Jim'll Fix It Services" will be www.rwjsear.com.
As always, whatever you need I can help. If I can't help - I'll know someone who can!
Whether its property maintenance, or a computer problem that needs solving
give me a call on 07930 335 937.

No comments: