Tuesday 22 July 2008

New worktops freshen up an old kitchen

Today, the main job was cutting in new worktops in an 10 year old kitchen. The cupboard doors and carcasses were still in very good condition, so it made sense to renew the old worktops, that were starting to look tired.

Work tops are heavy. Manhandling 3 metre long worktops around a modern hallway would try the patience of Job. I have to ask myself, what cretins design modern houses? I can only assume that they themselves live in rabbit hutches. Which, thinking about it, is probably the answer, because most designers I have met looked like buck toothed, floppy eared, sex mad, lettuce eaters. :)

Oh dear!
My wife has just looked over my shoulder and told me that I'm off on one again!
I must stop ranting!

Were was I..... Oh yes!

The whole process only took a few hours, but the difference is very obvious.
Because the ladies chose a lighter colour for the worktop, the whole kitchen just looks bigger and brighter. They are very happy with the results, and are now thinking of other projects to spend the saved money on.

If you want new worktops fitted give me a call on 07930 335 937 or email me using the link in the right hand side bar.

Just to let you know
From January 2010 the new home page of "Jim'll Fix It Services" will be www.rwjsear.com.
As always, whatever you need I can help. If I can't help - I'll know someone who can!
Whether its property maintenance, or a computer problem that needs solving
give me a call on 07930 335 937.

No comments: